Saturday, July 05, 2008

Fourth of July 2008

Up early and off to Ft. Lewis with Toni and her husband Walter. Alex and I met them at a place called the Roy Y (a transit center)and went on to Ft. Lewis from there. We did our sign in, schwag bag pick up and T-shirt collection, warmed up a bit and at 0900 nearly 300 folks took off on a 7.5k Mud Run. Rainier CrossFit was well represented and had some gazelles that went on to win the team run in a killer time that I don't remember...34 something I think. Undulating course with some steep hills both up and down, easy obstacles and a mud pit toward the end. A gal tackled me in the mud pit toward the end because was passing her. She rode on my back as I crawled. I've never mud wrestled a woman before. Slippery. Alex tore the course up with a 36 something and just destroyed my 43:37. His time won the under 14 age group and mine was good enough to take the 50 to 55 age group. Well organized race, fun course and nice awards.

No comments: