Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Tuesday January 6, 2009

Deadlift 7 x 3
Bench Press 10, 8, 6, 4, 2

Brandon did this in the morning and then in the afternoon Pat and Stuart teamed up for the same workout. Pat did Baseline Gone Bad on his own this morning and Derek came in after Pat and Stuart were done and did BGB as well:

Pat 4:30 + 5:06 + 5:40 = 15:16
Derek 5:52 + 7:52 + 9:09 = 22:53

Brenda and I did a hard CT ride and since it had hills in it she wiped the course with my non-hill climbing self and beat me by about 5 minutes. Then in the afternoon we swam and cramps consumed my, my left leg anyway. We did a 500 pull with a buoy and then 10 under overs which is to saw we swam with Zoomers underwater to the far side and then returned on the surface as one rep and sent on the 1:30 for 10 total rounds. Then we drilled for 500 more with a 50 yard swim counting strokes, 400 yards of drills and then a final 50 counting strokes. On the last 100 of drills I took my fins off because my left calf was starting to cramp. On the last 50 the cramp was so bad I had to stop pointing my toe, then I had to stop kicking and then I had to stop swimming. My foot locked on pointe and even standing on the ball of my foot I couldn't drop my heel. It took me a good 15 seconds of effort to flex my foot and I had to swim back with my foot fully flexed so as not to attract the cramp monster. Thus endeth the swim workout. So much for Bike/Swim workouts.

No comments: